10 easy steps to get started…
- First, log in to your Sqwid account.
- You’ll land on your Dashboard which is where you can get a ‘birds-eye-view’ of the activity within your Sqwid, such as recent Twitter activity, recent Social Rewards, and recent Personal Rewards.
- Go to your Business Settings and link your account to Twitter. You will be prompted to do so whenever you first enter the Business Settings screen.
- Determine your “Default Twitter search terms.” Use the word “OR” in capital letters to separate strings of searches.
For example, Pam’s Pizza a (fictional) pizza restaurant in St. Louis might enter the following into their search terms: #pizza OR @pamspizza OR “#stl #pizza” OR “#stl #pizza” @pamspizza
*Twitter requires multiple hashtags to be set off by quotations, eg. @pamspizza OR “#STL #pizza”
Once you have entered your search terms, click Save.
- Click New Reward to add a Reward.
- Give the Reward a Title.
- Complete the other details for the Reward, such as Description, Expiration, Notes and Terms.
- Assign the Reward to a Twitter ID, or leave that field blank to send the Reward by email, Facebook, IM, SMS or any other means.
- Tweet your Reward or click Continue to go back to the Dashboard.
- Go to Mentions to see your recent Twitter activity and try sending someone a Reward by clicking the Reward button just below their tweet.
- Personal Rewards are used by to acknowledge individual customers for their business or to fix bad experiences. Personal Rewards can be sent assigned to a Twitter user sent through email with the short URL provided via the Share button.
- A Social Reward is a Reward businesses offer to a limited number of customers and/or for a limited time period. Use Social Rewards to Reward customers for loyalty or to drive business in slower periods of time. They can be sent automatically via Twitter, by posting them on your business’ Facebook page, or however you like, using the short URL provided via the Share button.
- Templates allow businesses to re-use frequent Rewards, eliminating the need to re-type details every time. Create Templates from existing Rewards or click the “New Template” button. Duplicate Templates to create similar Templates, editing as needed.
- The Mentions section is where you can track what your customers and guests are saying about your business on Twitter (and soon Yelp).
- Details show you the Notes, Description, and Special Terms of a Reward. These are good for seeing who, what and why this Reward was created.
- Edit your business’ profile within Business Settings. This includes address, phone, email, etc.